Tossed with a simple lemon vinaigrette, this fresh and light summer salad sports a satisfying toasted muesli topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 2 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups Barley+ Maple & Nuts Muesli, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, salt and pepper; add arugula and spinach. Toss well. Stir in watermelon, avocado, red onion and mint.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle muesli and feta over top.
Tip: Serve with grilled chicken, fish or shrimp if desired.
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli