- 6 large Bell Peppers
- 3 cups white rice cooked according to package directions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing baking dish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 lb chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Barley+
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Feta Cheese, to serve
- Fresh Dill, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish with olive oil
- Slice the top portion off of the peppers and clean out the seeds and ribs. Place into baking dish/. Drizzle half the olive oil on the inside of the peppers. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook 2 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Add zucchini and cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini softens and veggies begin to brown. Add in mushrooms, garlic and oregano and cook until the mushrooms also soften
- Pour in tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add balsamic and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes more.
- Mix the cooked rice in and simmer 5 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed some of the liquid.
- Stir Barley+ into rice mixture
- Spoon mixture into peppers and bake 30 minutes, covered. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, or until tops crisp and turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with Feta cheese and dill to serve
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli