- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Egg, free range or organic
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp Bicarb soda
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 cups Freedom Foods Barley Maple & Nut Muesli
- 1 cup Whole meal flour
- ¼ cup prefer milk type
- 80g Dark chocolate, chopped into chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line with a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor blend the extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup and egg.
- Add the mixed spice, vanilla bean paste, bicarb soda, cocoa powder, 1 cup of ground Barley+ Toasted Muesli.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir through the second cup of Barley+ and the dark chocolate chips. If the mixture is too thick add a splash more of milk.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon portions of the cookie mixture onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly to form a rough cookie shape. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. Once cooled the cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Makes 14 – 18 cookies depending on the size.