- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 aubergine, diced into 1cm cubes
- 8 small shallots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced into 1cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 125g blanched almonds, toasted
- 125g shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup Barley+
- 1 egg
- 15g rosemary, leaves picked
- 15g thyme, leaves picked, reserving a few sprigs to garnish
- 15g parsley, leaves picked
- 100g pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 60g fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 40g pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Grease a 23cm, round deep tin with a little oil and line the base with baking paper. Toss the diced butternut squash with the garlic cloves and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large bowl. Spread out over a large roasting tin and cook for 15-20 mins, or until soft, turning once halfway through cooking.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add the aubergine and cook for 10-15 mins until softened and well browned, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan along with the shallots. Cook for 5-10 mins until softened, then add the pepper and cook for further 5 mins. Add to the bowl with the aubergine and set aside.
- Once cooked, add the squash and roasted garlic cloves to a food processor and pulse until you have a chunky purée, then transfer to the bowl with the aubergine mixture.
- Add the drained chickpeas, almonds, pistachios (reserving a few to garnish) and herbs to the food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Add to the bowl along with the chopped olives, breadcrumbs and lemon juice and Barley+. Season well and mix everything together until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth over the top. Bake for 50-55 mins, or until the top is golden. Allow to rest for 5 mins in the tin, then loosen the edges with a knife and carefully turn out onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with the pomegranate seeds, reserved pistachios and thyme sprigs before slicing into wedges to serve.
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli