- 4 medium ripe Bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup (125ml) Light-Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1½ Cups (265g) Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of Walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground Barley+
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the ground Barley+, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Pour into a 21cm x 10cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour – 70 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.