These tasty muffins with a crispy muesli topping are a nice addition to any summer picnic or barbecue.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups Barley+ Pink Lady & Macadamia Muesli, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In food processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups muesli until finely ground. In large bowl, whisk together ground muesli, cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, baking soda and cayenne.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and melted butter; stir into flour mixture just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, and green onions.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and muesli. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean.
Tip: For light and fluffy cornbread muffins, don’t overmix the batter.
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli